Line Art GIFfiti with Gregory Siff
How does LA artist Gregory Siff describe his work? Part expressionism, part pop art — with a bit of street style thrown in. Siff stopped by Tumblr HQ to bring our favorite memes to life, giving insight into what defines the Siff brand.
How do you describe your style?
My style is in the moment. Loose, free, alive.
Describe your creative process.
I usually start with how I am feeling at that particular moment and listen to music that reflects that mood. Then I just dig and make things happen. I like trying new techniques and making mistakes.
Where do you find inspiration?
I get inspired by my friends, music, chocolate, photography, the beach, kids, abstract expressionists, and champagne.
How’d you end up doing art?
I got into this field by loving it. That’s it. Simply going to museums and knowing what I like, reading about art, making art sharing it with the world whether in the street, in galleries, or in gifts to friends. Just to always be creating and see where that road takes me. For me, I now live and work out of LA but it all started in New York for me, where I was born in Brooklyn. Good to be home at your HQ, Tumblr!
What were you going for in the Tumblr wall piece?
I was going for a piece that might bring an idea to Tumblr team members or might give a laugh on a long work day. I just wanted to keep the audience’s attention if they were waiting in the room and had nothing but their surroundings to occupy them with. It’s definitely better than watching a TV set.
What’s the hardest part about being a self-employed artist?
Never clocking out because you are having so much fun doing what you love you never want to stop. Even now I just finished working on my print run for 1x50.com and it’s 1 am here in LA and I’m answering your questions and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Mad love. I hope you dig your mural!
- booartistic070993 likes this
- uhhyeahdude reblogged this from gregorysiff
- interstella5055 reblogged this from storyboard
- interstella5055 likes this
- eu-sunt-tu-nu-esti likes this
- embracetruemythology likes this
- rossyrossco99 reblogged this from storyboard
- morning-came-early reblogged this from storyboard
- mwatkins26895 reblogged this from ohtheplacesyoullgokid
- all-the-other-stuff likes this
- slim-docker-49 likes this
- alex-the-jewellery likes this
- franciscofuckinggouveia reblogged this from storyboard
- versamore7 reblogged this from canistay
- wolfturbo reblogged this from storyboard
- canistay reblogged this from storyboard
- canistay likes this
- skinny--fists likes this
- hailielove reblogged this from storyboard
- 83029 reblogged this from storyboard
- i-will-always-love-you-l reblogged this from storyboard
- 2zen4u reblogged this from storyboard
- lishamoon likes this
- universe-is-not-the-same reblogged this from storyboard
- downlod reblogged this from storyboard
- downlod likes this
- indelible-lives reblogged this from dark-and-confined
- kayrasherwoo512 likes this
- jesseyclevel49 likes this
- joesephmarte819 likes this
- asakent329 likes this
- harveygarris614 likes this
- forrestmcmil621 likes this
- dailysketchcrossing likes this
- sethskovgaar24 likes this
- imnotheretojudge reblogged this from storyboard
- mellejazz reblogged this from storyboard
- zmbctmly55 likes this
- orvillegrave13 likes this
- gbell21 likes this
- xfilfil likes this
- ica87 reblogged this from storyboard
- marionflanag67 likes this
- cityaddict reblogged this from topherchris
- mylesteague1231 likes this
- relax-u-mongrels reblogged this from storyboard
- eedente likes this
- pa-lu reblogged this from a-hat-for-each-ben
- a-hat-for-each-ben reblogged this from tumblrradararchive
- mirahashem likes this